Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Signal R535 Has Arrived!

Well, my R535 Airband Scanner arrived yesterday. I bought it on Ebay and it's in very good condition & working order (thanks to Iain). I remember having one of these in the late '80s early '90s and it was a great receiver but my early version only tuned up to 379.975 on the military UHF band, this is one of the later models which actually tunes up to 399.975. I'd almost forgotten how good these radios are. This completes my new set up now, with the Icom IC-R2 as my mobile 'on site' receiver and the R535 set up on the bedside table (wife wont get a look in now!). Im camping about 12 miles from Waddington this coming Friday & Saturday and will be attending the show with the family on Saturday so the Icom will get a good 'field test' whilst there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much was your 535, they're getting pretty rare and hard to find.