Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gatwick Ops

Caz has sent the following message:

"Hello! I took your advice on the frequency tuning as I could not hear the ground controllers for my local WILLO sector or the Gatwick approach and so I re-tuned 5khz up and now I get them, if a little scratchy at times. Thank you for the advice on that one it makes a big difference to hear both sides! Also, I have been tuning in to some of the company Operations frequencies at Gatwick and they make very interesting listening, getting to hear what goes on behind the scenes with the aircraft, crew and passengers. Just last night, one aircraft on it's way in to Gatwick told their ground staff they wanted the airport police to meet them at the air bridge on arrival as a passenger had been caught smoking on board!! Anyway, best go but will be in touch again soon. Still love the site! Caz. "

Thanks for that Caz, perhaps when you have time you could post some info on which airlines use which frequencies at Gatwick.

Quite a lot of these frequencies (but not all of them) can be found in the 131MHz area. I have a search band set up between 131.00 - 131.975MHz to monitor airline company ops. You might need to 'lock out' the ACARS frequencies though (another subject that I'm not going to cover now!).

No comments: