Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yupiteru MVT3300

The following was posted by Chris:

Hi there.Just stumbled on this site and was wondering if anybody can help. I have just bought an airband radio(yupiteru MVT3300EU)and a discone antenna,what sort of stuff can I listen to and on what frequencies.I live in Solihull in the West Midlands and used to do this ages ago but I imagine that things have changed a bit since then.Thanks.

Hi Chris, sound like you have pretty good set up there. Birmingham would be an obvious listening choice (approach: 118.05 / 131.325 tower 118.3) and Manchester 'Stafa sector on 134.425 up to FL195 and above that, Swanwick on 129.2.

As regards military, I believe the Yupiteru MVT3300 starts coverage at 300Mhz which does mean your missing about half the military airband (220.00 - 400Mhz), but you should still monitor activity from 300 - 400Mhz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Hope someone can help - my boyfriend wants an airband receiver for his birthday. He's said not to spend more than £100, but I'm happy to spend around £130. It would seem, from the websites I've looked at, that the Yupiteru 3300 would be my best bet in this price range - can anyone confirm/deny/advise on this? I'm woefully underinformed on such things!

Also - excuse my ignorance, but will he be able to hear commercial traffic with such a scanner? I'm guessing that's what he wants it for; he's a captain's son, has ppl, watches planes on descent into Heathrow from West London flat etc etc.

I'd ask him for help, but I want to surprise him with my ingenuity!

Hope someone can help. Can you email me at emma.whale@gmail.com?

Many, many thanks!
Emma