Thursday, March 30, 2006

Airband

Dave Has posted the following:

'Hi Mark, that was useful info from Graham. I wish I'd had it before I bought a new scanner with 8.33 channels that now can't hear the controllers because it doesn't have the 5khz step and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, defaults in my case to 132.863 and 132.125.These scanners are advertised erroneously as being "future proof". I started by hearing the controller on my scanners default of 132.125 but can't anymore. I can sometimes hear him on 135.583 but it comes and goes. Money wasted and very frustrating! Any advice on a reasonably price scanner that WILL work? '

Hi Dave, well I use a
Yupiteru MVT7100. I have tried numerous airband scanners over the years but have always ended up going back to the Yupi. I'm now on about my third Yupiteru and I won't make the mistake of selling it again. Great reception quality and sensitivity, it's hard to believe that it was first introduced around 1990/1991. In addition you have tuning steps of 5KHz and even down to 1KHz on AM & FM, this allows for very precise tuning of all airband frequencies which can then be saved to memory. Of course, what you cannot do is search in 8.33KHz steps as it does not have that tuning step but then I'm sure most listeners like me, know the frequencies they want to listen to and save them to memory for scanning.

Regards Mark.

Airband Books

Aviation Books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, ive just purchased a yupiteru mvt8000 has anyone any feedback on this??