Sunday, November 19, 2006

Re: Airband Recommendations

Robert Davies has contributed the following:

'Uniden BR330T 'nuff said. I've had mine a couple of months now and rate it very highly for all civ air and mil air. The supplied antenna is excellent for 'on site' monitoring, but I would recommend an upgrade for remote use - tho' that recommendation would stand for *any* handheld scanner. There is a Yahoo! group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Uniden-Close-Call-Euro/ which details using this scanner in a UK/European context. I paid 160ukp delivered for mine btw. Do a search on ebay for BR330T. -Rob '

Thanks Rob - my scanner also! I understand from a previous reader the European version is being released shortly as the Uniden UBC 3500XLT I think. Mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently the 3500xlt is supplied without a computer cable :-(

You *can* get one from butel when purchasing arc3500 tho'.

Still no word on whether the 3500 is better/the same/worse than the the 330T...

-Rob

Anonymous said...

Well.....

I have since bought a Uniden UBC3500XLT (rearrange the following words into a common phrase or saying "money" "than" "sense" "more").

It's even better than the BR330T, initial tests suggest from this location that it is more sensitive on vhf and uhf air than the BR330T, and I always thought *that* was pretty handy ;-)

-Rob