Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Uniden BR330T

Yes, ok ok I admit it. The keen eyed Robert Davies has spotted my Uniden BR330T up for grabs on Ebay. It really is a great scanner but I'm keen to put the UBC3500XLT along side it briefly (should arrive today) to test out Rob's theory that it is slightly better on VHF/UHF air. Unlike some of you scanner boys (is Rob reading this?) I can't afford to build up a collection of radios. If I want to try a new one it generally involves flogging my existing one to offset the cost as I have a mortgage, wife, two kids, a dog and a hamster to feed ( imagine the violins in the background about now). Anyway you can await my findings on the 'BR330T vs UBC3500XLT'. Maybe it's all a load of rubbish, just maybe, Rob is the sole importer for the UBC3500XLT (the plot thickens). Who knows!

BTW - Graham Duke, are you still out there? Graham has made some great contributions to the site, unfortunately I had serious problems cutting and pasting the last info he sent me on UK airspace changes for some reason? Anyway if your there Graham, please do get in touch.

All the best for now - Mark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sole 3500 importer?

I wish!

Any comments comparisons yet?

I've kept my 330T, but then again my interests are not solely airband.

-Rob