Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Airband Listening Set Up

Just thought it worth mentioning my exact set up at home at the moment. I have a Signal R535 which is connected to about 4m of coax cable and that is connected to the antenna from my Yupiteru MVT 7100! (this set up works very well) which is strategically positioned in the corner of my bedroom bay window. It is always worth experimenting with positioning for maximum performance, you'll usually find windows and chimney breasts seem the best place for your scanner or at least the antenna to be positioned. I live just outside Leicester on fairly high ground (city of Leicester is in a bit of a valley) but I get very good results. 6am this morning I was listening to aircraft receiving there final clearance to land at Heathrow on runways 9 left and 9 right. Not bad! Click on 'comments' to share your set up details and any hints and tips you would like to contribute, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can i get an digital adaptor for my analogue REALISTIC PRO 2042
please?

Anonymous said...

I live near the Wainfleet range and was recently treated to a Stealth B2s flying over, usually it's F15s.
Donna Nook - 340.15 - 342.175
Wainfleet - 356.8 - 387.9
Holbeach - 434.375 - 360.45

Try and get a copy of AirWaves for all airband frequencies.
Good Web sites
www.fightercontrol.co.uk
www.rocketradio.net
www.airsupply.co.uk