Saturday, December 10, 2005

Reply to my Sussex Air Traffic Control post

Here is the reply received from Caz:

"Many thanks to your response to my question! My name is Caz, the person who lives south of Gatwick and just a few miles from the South Downs. I have quite a few questions but am a bit pushed for time right now as i have a young daughter who is getting a little bored! but many thanks for answering my initial question, it is extremely helpful and i think this site is a great idea. I will make contact again soon".

Just thought I'd put the responce on the main page, it's nice to get some feedback, please stop by regularly and ask away with those questions when you've got time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello its Caz again! A quick question, what does it mean when pilots say 'We are a Boeing 777 (understand that bit!) with information Lima? or Romeo? or Papa?' It always seems to be a different letter but i just don't understand what that bit means & i can't find it anywhere in my books!

Anonymous said...

These are identifying letters for particular Automatic Weather/Information Broadcasts which the captain is acknowleding that he has received. These broadcasts (atis) are recorded messages which are transmitted continuously on a fixed frequency by the field in question.